Friday, March 19, 2010

Ok this one is for Elisa,
Dave Ramsey's 6 baby steps to financial peace

1. Save $1000 emergency fund. . .fast
2. The debt snowball
3. Finish the emergency fund
4. Maximize retirement investing
5. College funding
6. Pay off home mortgage.

I am on step one. I am paying the minimum on all of my c.c.'s until I have my $1000 in a money market account. It sounds so contrary to everything I know. I feel as though I should be paying off the c.c.'s first. But he has explained why the $1000 first and I have blind faith on this one. I have to look honestly where my best efforts have gotten me. So Dave I am following Step 1. Like I said earlier I have things on ebay that I am selling to get me to the $1000 fast. All of my free money is going to step 1.

I love his motto and it is printed at the bottom of all of the pages of his book, "The Total Money Makeover." "If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else."

I am reading about debt myths in the book now. And it is interesting how a majority of people view debt and credit, myself included. Now I get to rewire my brain, if I pay attention, and start living a financially peaceful life. I can't believe the way I feel just being conscious of the money I have, it really is a great feeling and I don't feel as if I am being held back from anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment